I am a counsellor psychotherapist living and working in London for 20 years, with 18 years of experience.
I'm bilingual in Spanish and English.
I have a Diploma in Integrative Counselling and trained in CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) at The British Psychological Society. I am an accredited member of British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Being accredited demonstrates an ongoing commitment to my practice and up to date professional development. To find out more visit BACP. I also attend regular training throughout the year.
What is Integrative counselling?
Integrative counselling draws from the main theoretical models.
- The psychodynamic approach looks at how our past can influence our present.
- The humanistic approach places more emphasis on the here and now.
- CBT challenges negative thinking and old habits that don’t serve us anymore.
This is of course a brief summary, and my work is a combination of these.
Experience in counselling for trauma, addictions anxiety and relationships
I have worked over the years for a number of organisations as well as privately.
I have worked for five years on an organization providing psychological and emotional support to victims of sexual abuse and domestic violence.
I am a specialist on dealing with trauma, anxiety, depression and PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) symptoms.
Over the years I gained substantial experience working with addiction related problems. I also have good knowledge of the 12 Steps recovery programme.
“Wisdom is nothing more than healed pain”
Areas I can help you with:
- Feeling anxiety, sadness, anger or stress too often.
- Unable to feel interested in life.
- Abusing drugs, alcohol, food, sex or any other addiction.
- Experienced physical, mental or emotional abuse.
- Trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Feeling stuck in a negative way of thinking.
- Grief and loss.
- Relationship difficulties.
- Obsessive compulsive disorder.
- Survivors of childhood abuse.
- Eating disorders.
More about me
The relationship between client and counsellor is a major component in the process of therapeutic success.
I provide a safe non-judgemental space for you to explore your struggles and difficulties. The therapeutic relationship holds a unique space where you can communicate what is otherwise difficult to express with friends and family. I can help you to find your own insights, and provide you with tools to deal with challenging situations.
Previous to counselling I worked for a regeneration programme scheme within my community. I have good communications skills in understanding your needs.
I am enthusiastic and motivated about my work as a counsellor. I have witnessed with my clients the shifts and changes in them when fears and negative thinking are replaced by the strength within.